How to Trust God



About a week ago, God revealed to me (in a mightily personal way) that I need to trust Him. (Now, I've had a head knowledge of this most of my life, and of course I trust God, in theory and in part, but the realization that prompted that last blogpost "Trusting God" was one of those personal lessons!)

We need to trust Him. Completely. With no reservations. Let go and let God. We need to simply take Him at His Word. Only trust Him. Actually believe that He is going to make good on His promises.

Okay. We got that. But how?

Well, praise the Lord, He doesn't simply say “hey you’ve got this problem; you need to work on” and then leave us hanging. He doesn’t help us realize where we fail and offer no steps to improve and excel. No! This morning He continued the process by teaching me what kind of trust I must have and how to trust Him!

I am still in reading in 2nd Corinthians, and this morning, I went back over what I had read last night, and the Lord brought to my attention something I didn't get last night! (I know there's a verse for that but I'm drawing a blank-- about how God's Word is a living Word-- if any of you think of it, could you please leave it in the comment box? :-P Thanks!!!)

This morning I read through 2 Corinthians 3:1-6. (Take a moment to read these 6 verses!!! :-D)

  And such trust have we through Christ to God-ward: Not that we are sufficient of ourselves to think any thing as of ourselves; but our sufficiency is of God;
2 Corinthians 3:4-5

What kind of trust should we as young ladies have toward God?


1.) First of all, we need to realize that we can't have trust in God (or at least a complete trust) apart from "Christ in us"! We cannot  have complete trust on God, cannot rely on Him completely, without the divine aid of His Holy Spirit enabling power in us. "THROUGH CHRIST TO GOD-WARD"

2.) Secondly, the type of TRUST we need to have has to do with that GRACE of God that He disires (commands) us to walk in and by!! :-) (see 2 Corinthians 1:1-2) We are to have TOTAL/COMPLETE TRUST in GOD (through Christ) and ZERO /ZILCH TRUST in OURSELVES!!! We are to have the trust that realizes and knows, on an everyday, practical level, that we are not suffiecient of ourselves to think anything as of ourselves; BUT" that "our sufficiency IS OF GOD"!!!!! (2 Corinthians 3:5) (also see 2 Corinthians 2:16-- HE is our sufficiency! Or He should be!! He is suffiecient! He is enough! His WORD is enough!) "He has also made us able ministers" (GIVERS, not pastors lol) "of the new testament-- of the Gospel!! Of the Spirit that giveth life!" (2 Corinthians 3:6) (also see 2 Corinthians 1:1-- it is the will of God that we are examples of and encouragemments to our families, church families, and the lost!!)

So, we must TRUST the Lord by first of all having Christ in us through salvation and then, by His grace, walking in His grace and by His Spirit in us. I encourage you, sweet sisters, to ask the Lord to strengthen your faith in Him. Help you to realize you cannot have sufficient trust in Him on your own, but that you can through the power of Christ in you; and then ask Him to enable you to walk in His "daily suffiecient grace"!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! Thanks so much for leaving a comment here! I love to hear from you!